Dell EMC PowerMax NVMe Review

It is easy to manage and upgrade

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our testing and development environments.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a hyper-converged solution, which has easy deployment. It is easy to manage and upgrade.

What is most valuable?

It doesn't need shared storage.

What needs improvement?

There are some stability issues that we just recently experienced. We hope the next release will solve these problems.

We probably needed more time to test the solution.

Stability is okay for now. However, but if you are using over 80 percent of the storage, that will become a problem.

Scalability is very good. We just added another node with computing too, so it is pretty good.

The technical support is good.

We previously used Cisco HyperFlex and Dell EMC VNXe. Both of these solutions are out-of-date.

The initial setup was not straightforward, though it was pretty easy. We did have Dell EMC come onsite and help us, which was good.

We worked with Dell EMC directly for the deployment. Our experience with them was pretty good.

We did some research and talked to Dell EMC. We asked what solution they recommended, since we are a Dell EMC shop.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to other customers. It is a very good solution for a remote office, a test environment, and maybe, production. It is not that big.

We have a lot of other Dell EMC solutions: Unity, Isilon, and VxRail.