Dell EMC PowerMax NVMe Review

Our time to response has increased significantly with the new storage tier

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is block storage.

We are planning on deploying mission-critical applications on this solution for redundancy and performance.

How has it helped my organization?

Our time to response has increased significantly with the new storage tier (SSD).

We have probably replaced eight racks of equipment with one rack of equipment. So, we have seen significant cost savings and performance.

It was easy for teams to pick up the technology with very limited exposure and training, then implement and support it.

What is most valuable?

As per performance, being able to consolidate down some of our older DMZ technologies into one platform.

My team has found the Unisphere to be a valuable tool.

We haven't had any issues with the solution in the six months that it has been live. So, the stability has been very good.

We are getting ready to add to it already, so it is very scalable.

The technical support has been very supportive when we have had to call and ask for their assistance, especially during the installation of the equipment.

Our performance requirements were more about the availability and the performance, since we are running mission-critical applications. We have to have low disk latency to meet the application's performance for our Oracle Databases.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It was easy to implement. They implemented it through their normal processes in a very timely manner.

The migration process from the older VMAX arrays to PowerMax was fairly seamless. When the team came in, they migrated data from one to the other. The process was simple.

A reseller, Advisex, worked with us on the deployment. We have a close partnership with them and had a good experience.

What other advice do I have?

We are happy with what we have.