Dell EMC PowerVault Review

Easy to use and manage, good support, and reasonably-priced

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for local software, which we use for the production of local ERPs that we use on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is that it is easy to manage and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Deduplication and compression is an area that needs development. This is currently not on the device.

In the next release, I would like the deduplication and compression included, as well as the flash technology. It doesn't currently use it.

We have been using this solution since February 2014. It's been more than six years.

We have not had any issues, but I cannot say that it is very secure. We do not use any security protocols, but we have not had any issues with security.

The scalability is not flexible.

We have approximately 150 users, who are using this solution in our organization.

We are satisfied with technical support.

The initial setup was easy and straightforward.

It's made by the technicians, which made it easy.

The price is reasonable and we are satisfied with it.

What other advice do I have?

I could not recommend this solution to others, because the technology is old. There are other Dell models that I would recommend, but not this one.

I would rate Dell EMC PowerVault an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco MDS Series vs. Dell EMC PowerVault and other solutions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.