Dell EMC ProtectPoint Review

The programs are excellent and the technical support is very good

What is most valuable?

One of the features I find most valuable is the good technical support.

What needs improvement?

To be honest, I don't have anything that needs improvement because I have a vendor that procures and repairs those products. The VMware is pretty standard and the programs are excellent.

Sometimes I find that the interface is not as good as it should be. Web-based interfaces are much easier and lightweight to work with. So there are some improvements in the aesthetics that need to be done. But for the price you pay, they are all just fine as they are.

Most people don't use the backup solution from Dell that much. They mostly use Veeam and other backup solutions, so perhaps the backup is too complicated. The developers might consider making the backup feature more user-friendly in the next version of the program. The documentation can also be improved.

I have been using Dell EMC ProtectPoint for about eight months now.

The program is stable.

Dell EMC ProtectPoint is scalable enough for my professional level.

The technical support is very good.

VMware has a reputation for quality, so they are a bit expensive. But you get security for the price, and I also believe the licensing fees differ from region to region. They have different policies for specific regions.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this program a nine out of ten. I believe that there is always room for improvement, so honestly, I can even give them a ten! But sometimes I don't find any comparative issue that I would recommend to improve. Perhaps the documentation can be better, but that is not a big issue. Though they have very good explanative documentation, I have found better documentation from competitors. The technical documentation has improved lately but I have seen same product vendors' documentation being better and much easier to understand than the Dell's documentation.

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others. Since I started working with Dell a few months ago, I have found that the solution is very strong. It comes from the EMC portfolio.