Dell EMC SC Series Review

It is easy to use, expand the hard drives, add storage, and set up replication

What is our primary use case?

We use Dell EMC storage at two data center sites for hosting vSphere server environments. Those server services are something that we offer internally in the company: SharePoint, GIS mapping services, license servers, and domain controllers. Pretty much everything is hosted on those servers or on the storage.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use, expand the hard drives, add storage, and set up replication.

What needs improvement?

• I would like the ability to monitor and manage the storage.
  • The web GUI is not fully there.
  • I would like to have 100% functionality through the web app.

More than five years.

The solution is stable. We have not had too many problems. The issues that have come up have been addressed very quickly via Dell EMC.

It is scalable. You can easily add-on storage to the core platform.

I like using the technical support. Their support is set up where they actually get notified before we do if there's an issue. Thus, they are very proactive about issues.

It has a good price point and offers some value-added enterprise features.

What other advice do I have?

Dell has a foot in the door. We buy their servers and have relationships with their account manager and reps. I'm content.

Dell EMC has been through some changes over the past couple of years. When Dell merged with EMC, it was a bit rough, but they have great experts. That kept us in this realm because of their support and team.

It is a great, mid-level introduction to storage. I would recommend it. We are happy with it.