Dell EMC SC Series Review

Performance and tiering capabilities have made it a success for our customers

What is our primary use case?

We use the SC platform for storage solutions. As a partner, it's usually one of our go-to products for mid-range customers.

How has it helped my organization?

When it comes to mid-range storage solutions, it's usually our preferred solution, from all-flash all the way up to hybrid solutions too. Over time, the technology and how it performs, and its tiering capability, have been successful for us.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
  • Scalability
  • Performance
  • Value for price

What needs improvement?

They've actually already done something that I think is needed, which is integration with Unisphere, which is the Dell EMC management platform, and then CloudIQ is their performance analytics solution. So they've actually implemented things that people have been asking for.

In addition, in any platform, there is always room for improvement. We're always looking for performance increases and keeping up with flash devices, and new products that are coming out.

It's a very stable product.

Honestly, most of the complaints I hear about this solution are either because systems have been misconfigured or sized improperly. Probably 90 percent of the issues people have are because it's not sized properly.

It's very scalable. They have solutions designed for SMB all the way up to enterprise customers with multiple petabytes of data. The SC Series is one of the two mid-market products for Dell EMC, so there is absolutely room for their solutions to grow with a company's needs.

Regarding Copilot - which is what they called their support, pre-Dell EMC - people have always had nothing but great things to say about it.