Dell EMC SC Series Review

Easy to use, efficient, and the replication is good, but the technical support response time needs to be minimized

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the solutions that we provide for our clients. We have deployed it for more than seven customers

It is used for several purposes including server consolidation and business applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the efficiency and replication.

This solution is easy to use.

Dell offers a good warranty on this product.

What needs improvement?

Technical support should respond more quickly because the turnaround time is very high.

Although the pricing is competitive, it is a concern because competitors such as HP are also competitive.

We have been using Compellent for two years.

Compellent is a stable solution.

This is a very scalable product.

The technical support is reasonable but I feel that the turnaround time is very high and can be improved.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is complex but straightforward. It takes approximately 45 minutes to configure.

The pricing of Dell EMC Compellent is competitive.

The pricing for solutions by HP is also competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I definitely recommend Compellent to my customers because it is a very good product that is very scalable, it is easy to use, and Dell offers a good warranty. I find the features handy and it is a good match for my customers' requirements.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
More Dell EMC SC Series reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with HPE Nimble Storage
Learn what your peers think about Dell EMC SC Series. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.