Dell EMC Unity Review

A stable, scalable product with a multitude of features

What is our primary use case?

Mostly, it is used for the storage of a fertilization environment. It performs fine.

What is most valuable?

All the features are okay, but not all of our customers are using all the features.

What needs improvement?

The features are nice, but you can't use every feature, because it costs in performance. Therefore, you have to choose which features to use to achieve a better environment. That is why customers do not use every feature in Unity.

More than five years.

It is very stable. While I have had downtime, it has mostly been due to a bug in the MCX version.

Scalability is good.

Since Dell took over EMC, the support has been very bad. Before, the support was fine. Now, the support is slow or they don't react.

As a partner company, if EMC does not react immediately, it is not good. Because if there are any issues with the customer, then we need assistance. However, it is getting better and could be better.

The VNX is also a good system, but Unity is a little better. I am not saying it is much better, but it is better than the VNX

What other advice do I have?

Just use EMC.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

1. The product itself.
  2. How the product is used.