Dell EMC Unity Review
The NAS capability is the main feature we are looking for, and the fast recovery in DR

What is our primary use case?

We did a one-month exercise with EMC. We are trying to replace several systems, like NAS and some file shares, put them into one consolidated system. We do have VDI. We're going to re-use it for VDI, so this is the perspective we're trying to evolve toward.

How has it helped my organization?

We're replacing legacy hardware and hardware that is going out of support, and we are consolidating two or three systems into one. We also do have some special security requirements that Unity can meet.

What is most valuable?

The NAS capability is mainly what we're looking for from this product, and being able to recover fast in DR.

What needs improvement?

I don't think at this stage we have a specific concern. They have answered most of our concerns in terms of scalability and being future-proof.

Trial/evaluations only.

We actually haven't tested it yet.

I believe it is scalable.

Dell EMC is actually one of the strategic vendors we work with, so they have quite a big presence at our bank. We meet with them at least once every two weeks.

I believe the setup is going to be straightforward because they have this tool that migrates the data seamlessly, and you don't have any system downtime. I believe it is called Datadobi. It takes out all your data from one system to another and makes it seamless.

Most of the infrastructure we have is from Dell EMC, so we're locked in with Dell but that's fine. If you're happy with the specific product and vendor, why change?

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of Dell EMC Unity typically within 24 hours.