Dell EMC Unity Review
The edge for our customers results from the simplicity and stability of the solution

What is our primary use case?

Most of our customers use it on-premise, 90 percent of our customers use VMware vSphere on top of it, and a little more than half of them use Fibre Channel to connect to the Unity. They use it for most of their workloads.

How has it helped my organization?

Our customers have a competitive edge when compared to the other solutions in the market. Most of our customers don't just look at the value per Gig, they put a great value on the after-sales support and the stability of the appliances.

What is most valuable?

It's the simplicity, and most of all it's backed up by Dell EMC support, which is very valuable.

What needs improvement?

There aren't any improvements that come to mind, none that are obvious. After what I've seen today, here at the Dell EMC World 2018 conference, they pretty much have the next couple of years covered. For example, the current buzzword is the Cloud Tiering Appliance which allows you to tier data from your on-premise to the cloud or on-premise cloud.

To me, the stability is impeccable.

Scalability is good.

Tech support is very good, very efficient.

Setup is straightforward. Once you do it once, it's a walk in the park.

What other advice do I have?

The backing of the vendor is important. In Dell EMC's case, we know that there is always someone backing us, just in case we get stuck.

A rating out of 10 out of 10 is a bit too much because, obviously, no product is super perfect, but I would rate the unity a good nine. What might make it a 10 is a better price.

I would vouch for this solution, I would definitely say go for it.

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of Dell EMC Unity typically within 24 hours.