Dell EMC Unity XT Review

Good integration, an easy initial setup, and quite stable

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for NAS network storage for the Microsoft environment.

What is most valuable?

Overall, I've had a very good experience with the solution so far.

Integration is easy with this product.

What needs improvement?

Currently, the protocol SNMP is not implemented. That's a problem, as we follow this protocol and I can't check the integrity of this equipment.

I've been using the solution for two months at this point.

We haven't used the solution for very long, so it may be hard to gauge the stability. However, so far, we haven't had any issues whatsoever. It doesn't crash or freeze. It doesn't have bugs or glitches. It seems quite stable.

Having only used it a short time, we haven't tried to scale it just yet. We don't foresee any limitations, however, without actually doing it, we can't really tell.

We needed to contact technical support in regards to an IAS error in automatic services. We didn't have any issues reaching them or getting the help we needed. So far, we've been satisfied with their level of service. They seem knowledgable and responsive.

We found the implementation to be very straightforward. It's not complex in any way.

The deployment didn't take too long. We had everything up and running in two days or so. It's pretty quick.

We have 12 technicians for the maintenance of all of our equipment in the enterprise. They would also handle any maintenance required for this product.

The pricing is quite good. We find it fair. It's not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a Dell client. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I have four Unity products. Two were already installed in September, and one just last week. While two are already in production, the other two are not up and running yet.

I'd recommend the product to others.

Overall, I'd rate it nine out of ten. We haven't worked with it too long, however, everything seems to be going quite well.

More Dell EMC Unity XT reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, NetApp, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.