Dell EMC Unity XT Review

Easy to set up, easy to monitor, and the reliability is excellent

What is our primary use case?

All of our servers are Dell EMC servers. We have it integrated with SharePoint and all of our applications.

How has it helped my organization?

It's been a great infrastructure to build upon.

What is most valuable?

For me, the best thing is the reliability. Even some of ours that are somewhat old or out of warranty have a very solid, excellent reliability.

I love the systems management of the servers. It's easy to set up, easy to monitor.

Excellent stability. A lot of ours are older, even past what would be considered end-of-life, but they still have a very low failure rate.

Scalability is good. We use some Dell EMC blade servers, so it's easy to add another blade server without a lot of cabling or setup.

Good tech support. We can usually get a parts dispatch without too much fuss.

The initial setup was easy.

The pricing is right in line with competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I always recommend Dell EMC servers in general, as far as their reliability goes and the management software built in.

I rate it at nine out of ten. Overall, we're very happy with the product. It's not perfect, there are little bits of improvement that could be made to things that we use such as Dell EMC OpenManage Essentials, minor things. It's good, just not perfect.

More Dell EMC Unity XT reviews from users