Dell EMC VxBlock System Review

Offers seamless replication between data centers, but it needs to have multiple user interfaces

What is our primary use case?

All of our IT runs on this infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the flash.

Integration with VMware and VMotion definitely brings a lot of value.

What needs improvement?

One thing that it lacks is multiple user interfaces. It has a single interface that is used to access multiple layers and there are different levels of management. We are hoping that Nutanix will simply this.

Scalability is an area that needs to be improved.

We have been using this system for almost three years.

This platform has been pretty stable. We have had our challenges with people trying to hook things up, hardware failures, and cable failures. This is one of the reasons that we are looking to moving to hyper-converged infrastructure.

We have not had any challenges with scalability. The only component that we have scaled is storage. The compute and everything else is pretty modular. At the same time, our infrastructure team believes that Nutanix will be a better solution, overall, including from a scalability point of view.

We previously used HPE Superdome and the Dell solution is better.

The VxBlock System was easier to set up than our previous product by HPE.

We are currently evaluating our infrastructure needs and are thinking about implementing a solution from Nutanix.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that has plusses and minuses. It is better than HPE Superdome and using big servers, and it works well with VMware and VMotion. At the same time, there are challenges with scalability.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Dell EMC VxBlock System reviews from users