Dell EMC VxBlock System Review

Virtual machines for the infrastructure are great; hardware could be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for VMware virtualization. We are customers of Dell and I'm a senior system and storage administrator.

What is most valuable?

A valuable feature for me is the virtual machines for the infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see hardware improvement and the ability to support different kinds of mixed applications - a mixed workload support. The technical support could also be improved.

I've been using this solution for a year.

The stability is good. We haven't had any problems and we're happy with the product.

This solution is mainly in the IT environment and is scalable. We have somewhere between 400-500 users in the organization.

We previously used the HP system. We weren't using hyper-converged in HP, we moved onto that when we started with Dell.

The initial setup was straightforward and deployment took us about a month. We used a system integrator for implementation. We have five people in the system team managing the solution.

There is an HCI license on top of the VMware license. There are no costs on top of that.

The rating for this Dell product is better than for other HCI products available on the market. We've compared it with HP SimpliVity, and Nutanix and we found the Dell rating highest.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

More Dell EMC VxBlock System reviews from users