Dell EMC VxBlock System Review

Comes with one console to monitor everything, but there are issues in managing specific components

What is most valuable?

The monitoring and management parts are the most valuable. Monitoring is specifically valuable because you have one console to monitor everything. This console is called Vision.

What needs improvement?

We are finding it a bit challenging in terms of the management of a specific VxBlock component. Currently, we have different units as a part of the block storage. We have one for Cisco equipment and one for Dell. When we have an issue in the infrastructure, Dell EMC VxBlock System should automatically detect it and send a notification to VC support, but, unfortunately, it is doing that only for one unit. It is not working for Cisco components. We have informed them about this area of improvement, and they are working on this.

The way different parts are integrated should be improved. We should have one console to log in to see all the infrastructure in terms of each machine and hardware.

I have been using this solution for three years now.

The system is quite stable. We have not faced any major issues. The issues that we faced were just minor and manageable.

In terms of scalability, it is good. The beauty is that we can scale whatever we want. We can add more compute nodes, storage nodes, or memory. We have a variety of users from different groups.

Their technical support can be improved because, sometimes, when you report an issue, it takes a while for them to respond.

It is complicated with the latest technology because you have to connect with the switches, servers, storage, and everything. All the components have to be connected so that the system can work properly. It might take three to five days, which is a lot of time.

We used an integrator.

Its price is high. That's why people are now moving to hyper-converge.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise to stop using the normal spinning disk and going for an all-flash disk on the storage because of the performance issues.

I would rate Dell EMC VxBlock System a six out of ten.

More Dell EMC VxBlock System reviews from users