Dell EMC XtremIO Flash Review
The most valuable features are deduplication and data optimization.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed us to shrink our storage footprint in the datacenter and it increased our performance.

What is most valuable?

Performance and deduplication. This is a very robust block storage option that offers both performance and data optimization.

It is great when a product can deliver high-end performance capabilities while offering a very competitive price point.

What needs improvement?

• The new UI could be simplified and the implementation should be simplified.
  • The UI is easier to use than other EMC offerings, but still takes a pure storage admin to manage and maintain.
  • Ease of use is key in the converged and hyper-converged world that requires administrators to have both hypervisor and storage skills.
  • Arrays should be “set it and forget it”, including the replication features, which should not require separate products.
  • Implementation and expansion require EMC or a partner to implement. However, to be a true scale-out solution, it should be something that customers can do themselves.

We have not had any stability issues.

There is a limit to scalability, but we have not reached it yet.

Technical support is excellent.

We did have a previous solution. This allowed us to move to a smaller footprint with better performance.

The initial setup was very complex. Have the manufacturer or a partner install it.

The pricing is simple but requires other products for robust data recovery and replication.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you understand the shutdown and redundancy for this product. Test these features to protect the storage controller’s journaling.

Free Quote

We will send you a quote typically within one business day.