Dell EMC XtremIO Review

Performs well and it is space-efficient with good data compression and inline deduplication features

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we use Dell EMC products for our customers. The XtremIO is one of the all-flash storage arrays that we use.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are data compression and in-line deduplication.

The performance is good, which is important.

What needs improvement?

The cost of this solution could be reduced.

Scalability is something that can be improved because there is an issue when it comes to mixing versions. We cannot mix version one and version two. This is something that may have been improved but earlier, it is something that was a challenge in terms of scalability.

We have been using Dell EMC XtremIO for the past three or four years.

XtremIO is quite a stable solution.

Scaling this product is not easy.

I have been in contact with technical support and the experience was good.

The initial setup is straightforward. The deployment is not complex and not much time is required. The stop that takes time is data migration.

This solution is a little bit pricey.

When this product was launched and we procured it, it was good. Now that there are new products coming in, I don't know if they will continue with this one or not.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I think that this is a good product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Dell EMC XtremIO reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Pure Storage, IBM and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.