Dell EMC XtremIO Review

Good inline data reduction and deduplication for enterprise-level organizations

How has it helped my organization?

I'm able to deploy a scalable amount of virtual machines from images of hundreds of gigabytes per second.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable features are the inline data reduction and deduplication.

What needs improvement?

It's not an improvement so much as a query. What I'm curious about is whether or not the feature has the ability to do inline data reduction between two physical storage solutions. If we have one storage solution in the UK and the other in Australia, will the system be able to tell us what we have already, so we aren't sending 95% of our data across the world unnecessarily? I know that the feature works locally on the source solution. What I'm curious about is, would that data reduction feature work between two instances of XtremIO in two different places.

I've been using the solution for almost three years.

It was the company's choice to switch to this solution. I don't remember what we had beforehand. I think that they made the switch because we knew we were going to have a large amount of data. The data reduction deduplication that this solution offered was very valuable. We knew that if we were going to be doing an extremely high amount of the right operation, the inline data reduction would be valuable as well.

What other advice do I have?

The performance of some of the features of the solution is very powerful. XtremIO was powerful enough to allow us to disable features of other items.

If I didn't have to think about the cost, I would rate the solution ten out of ten. This solution is geared toward enterprise-level companies. Small and medium-sized businesses would find it extremely expensive.

More Dell EMC XtremIO reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Pure Storage, IBM and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.