Dell Enterprise Desktops and Laptops Review

Stable with great technical support and an easy initial setup

What is most valuable?

Overall, the experience has been really good.

The support is really prompt and they deliver their service on time. We have no issues with the product and the support received from Dell.

In fact, the technical support provided is the best feature. These days you can get any hardware from multiple vendors. That said, what really matters is the support. For us, how frequently and how quickly we can get the support we need and how easy they are to work with is important. In a lot of cases, the support representative has to have good troubleshooting experience, and with Dell they do.

The initial setup is very easy.

What needs improvement?

Pricing should be more competitive as compared to other vendors available in the market.

Recently we procured 10 laptops from Lenovo due to the fact that the hardware specs were much better than Dell and at the same price range. We went ahead with the 10 laptops. Around 40 or 50 laptops are about to expire in our organization. If the support experience from Lenovo turns out to be good, then definitely we will replace our existing infrastructure with Lenovo. That is not the case right now. It just might be the case after we have time to evaluate the services.

Thus far, we have been using Dell for more than 10 or 12 years. It's been more than a decade.

The product is stable. We used to have issues with our HP machines. We don't seem to have any with Dell. They don't crash or freeze. They work quite well.

Technical support is pretty good, and one of the main reasons we use Dell and left HP. We're quite satisfied with the level of support we get. The only way we would switch is if another company offered just as good a level of support but at a lower cost. We're looking at Lenovo now for that reason. However, we haven't tested their technical support yet.

We used to use HP. We decided to switch due to the support issues we faced. Getting support was really difficult and it was a cumbersome task. Dell has far better support services in place.

The product quality from HP was also not very good. There were frequent failures that we had to deal with.

The initial set up was straightforward. All we had to do was just enter the login credentials and create new login credentials on each device. Everything was pre-setup. It's such an easy process when you are using Dell laptops.

The pricing is okay. It's competitive on the market. However, we have found Lenovo to be next, and that's very interesting to us.

Currently, we are evaluating Lenovo, as they offer the same specs at a lower price point. If they also offer good support, we could potentially leave Dell as well.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer.

I have not had much experience with other vendors. There might be other products in the market which are better than Dell, however, for us, the product works quite well.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate them at an eight.

If they can work on the pricing and make it more competitive in the market we will continue to buy from them. Otherwise, we'll look for a different option.