Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter Review

Quick and easy deployment; great recovery

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is HA and management.

What is most valuable?

HA is the most valuable feature. Multi-login is valuable as well because I can have three admins logging in at the same time.

If there's something wrong, it's quick and easy to deploy. Recovery is very good as well and it's quite easy to pull a vSphere machine onto vCenter.

What needs improvement?

Veeam should work more closely with vCenter. Sometimes the Veeam backup can cause errors that can affect some of operations within the VMware machines. I cannot say whether the bug is with VMware or Veeam, but the companies should work together on this.

Also, when something breaks, it's not easy for us to fix. I'm running a banking solution at my company and when there's a problem, I need to be proactive and quick to resolve the problem immediately. Any time I spend on the phone with technical support translates into losses for my company. So, training would be very beneficial. Empower me to use your product efficiently.

It would also be nice for long-term customers to receive some sort of recognition in terms of price reduction.

I have been using this solution for six years.

I am very satisfied with the stability of this solution.

I am very satisfied with the scalability of this solution.

My experience with the solution's technical support was perfect. They are so knowledgeable. They don't take any chances.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, VMware, SolarWinds and others in Virtualization Management Tools. Updated: June 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.