Dell PowerConnect Switches Review

Great switches for LAN access that have been combined for data, high-performance access-points, IT surveillance, and cameras

What is our primary use case?

We use the Dell EMC Networking N1500 series switches. We use them primarily for access to the Local Area Network.

What is most valuable?

We have used these switches for data access the LAN. We have also used the switches for power over ethernet devices in the LAN. Also, we have attached cameras for IT surveillance.

We have found that in our market the price is very good for our customers. When the price is competitive, the customers tend to choose the cheaper brand and then look at the features. So having a competitive price is a plus.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better scalability and more features on these switches in the future.

We have been using Dell PowerConnect Switches for a year and a half.

These switches are stable and customers have been very happy. All the clients we have completed the switches for are happy and they don't have any issues with them.

Scalability can be a problem with these switches.

I have not been involved in the setup of these switches. I'm in sales so I am just learning of the features.

What other advice do I have?

The Dell EMC Networking N1500 Switches are a great solution. They are great switches for access switch on LAN which they have combined for data, high-performance access-point, IT surveillance, and cameras. I would rate these switches a ten on a scale of ten out of ten.

More Dell PowerConnect Switches reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Catalyst Switches
Learn what your peers think about Dell PowerConnect Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.