Dell PowerConnect Switches Review

Easy to set up and configure with excellent pricing

What is most valuable?

We can configure it on our own and it works well. We don't need to do many changes on the device.

Its configuration is similar to Cisco switches. We don't have any unexpected problems with this solution.

The pricing is quite good.

The functionality is very good.

What needs improvement?

We've only been using the solution for half a year. We haven't run into any issues, but maybe over time, that may change. It's too soon to tell. Offhand, there aren't any features that are lacking.

We have been using the solution for half a year.

The solution is very stable. Once we set them up we don't need to worry about them anymore.

We've reached out to technical support, and we've had a good experience. Dell offers very good support.

We also use Cisco switches. They are very similar to this solution. Cisco and Dell have the same functionality. For Dell, however, it's two devices in one cluster. Still, it's very similar. I don't see any big difference between Cisco and Dell.

The initial setup is straightforward. It has an easy configuration. Once it's set up, you can basically walk away and forget it.

Dell costs less than Cisco. Cisco, in comparison, is about four times more expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We aren't partners with Dell.

The solution is fairly easy to use. We configured it and plugged it in, and now it works without a problem. We haven't had any issues with this platform after a year and a half of use.

We don't have any use cases with these devices currently. We do have corporate support from Dell because we bought switches and servers. I don't administrate servers, I only administrate on network infrastructure.

The implementation we've done so far has been quite small. However, Dell is very good for big companies.

I'd recommend people buy the solution. It's much less expensive than Cisco, and yet it has the same functionalities.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Dell PowerConnect Switches reviews from users