Dell PowerVault Review
A highly reliable system with excellent IOPS performance, SD card booting options but lacking a LCD view on-board.

Valuable Features:

A highly reliable RAID system with durable high speed hard disk drives. The OS can be flashed on to a SD card thereby giving you more space for storage. I've found that the enterprise support from Dell Customer Care is excellent.

Room for Improvement:

No LCD panel for viewing status on-board.

Other Advice:

My Company has huge data requirements for which I bought this Dell Powervault NX 3200 with 10 TB storage. It was selected due to very impressive IOPS performance and has proven itself. In my company there are more than 100 users connecting to this server simultaneously and still the I/O operations are very smooth. Dell-IDRAC provides a nice way to manage and monitor its performance.

1 Comment

it_user1068VendorLEADERBOARD

We have used this backup system for more than five years now to complement our cloud backup system. The only reason we still use PowerVault RAID system for backing up our company data is the fact that it has an excellent disk performance; it has never let us down apart from a few challenges we were able to overcome easily.

09 June 13