Dell XC Appliance [EOL] Review

A simple solution with excellent customer service and a simple deployment

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the consolidation and visualization of terabytes. Occasionally different software is needed as well.

What is most valuable?

The solution's best feature is its simplicity. It's so simple to deploy it. You've got the VMware, and it's own appliance. It is really helpful. The system is online within half a day and saves so much time.

What needs improvement?

The storage of the solution and the differing product production could be improved.

There should be more provisioning capabilities within the solution.

I've been working with the solution for two to three years. We just use the solution minimally.

The solution supports 64 nodes on the hyper-converged.

The technical support offered by the solution is excellent. We've been extremely satisfied with the level of service provided.

The initial setup was quick and easy. You can have it set up within half a day.

The pricing depends on the nature of the product. It may be a bit more expensive than other options.

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud deployment model.

We're system integrators and a partner with Dell.

There's a lot of competitors that are good, such as Cisco and HP, but this particular solution is good because it's simple. If a user is looking for a simple solution, I'd advise that they look at Dell.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More Dell XC Appliance [EOL] reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Acropolis AOS
Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Nutanix, Cisco and others in Hyper-Converged (HCI). Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.