Denodo Review

Reasonable pricing, good data integration, and pretty stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for data virtualization and visualization. We actually have it integrated with some other virtualization tools as well. We design the systems and hand them over to our customers.

What is most valuable?

The price is fantastic. The cost is reasonable for what is offered.

Overall, the product works quite well and has a good set of features.

Their integration capabilities with data are great. The solution can integrate different types of data quite easily.

What needs improvement?

In our country, we do have to get the training and do the end-to-end delivery, and that can be a bit hectic when it comes to customer systems development. We need a bit more external support from the company. Support has been a real issue for us.

We occasionally have some integration issues that we need to work through.

In terms of features, et cetera, I don't know if there is anything really missing from that perspective. We are also new to this product. We have to analyze it and other products and that process often takes some time. It's not fair to comment on what's missing without surveying the entire landscape.

We've been dealing with the solution for about two years now.

We haven't had any complaints from our clients in relation to stability. It must be good, otherwise, we would have heard of issues surrounding crashes or glitches.

In terms of scalability, the solution has some integration requirements. People are writing different types of code so sometimes there can be issues related to that. However, compared to other comparable products they are relatively good at integrating.

We've been disappointed with the level of technical support, particularly on the outset. We need more training and so do our customers. This is lacking. We're not completely satisfied with the level of service provided to us.

The initial setup is a bit new to us and it can be a bit complex. Having customer support that could assist us more effectively would be helpful in easing the process.

The deployment process depends on the client and their requirements (such as the number of data fields required). It can be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

We'd like to have more technical support during the implementation process, however, they don't seem to offer too much assistance.

While the pricing is expensive, it's still a fair price for the offering. Of course, we always want to pay less where we can.

What other advice do I have?

We are local partners. We have a business relationship with Denodo.

We would recommend the product overall.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at an eight. If they improved their integration capabilities and used some standard integration interfaces, I would mark them higher. If they offered more training and support, I'd mark them higher still.

Hybrid Cloud
More Denodo reviews from users
...who compared it with Alteryx Designer
Learn what your peers think about Denodo. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.