Denodo Review

Good data abstraction and modeling with good UI

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution with Office 360 for cloud migration as well as connecting to data links.

What is most valuable?

The data abstraction is the most valuable feature.

The data modeling is very good. It's a powerful tool. The way the UI is organized is suitable for our use.

The data building is also good.

What needs improvement?

The solution should have its own acceleration technology.

The connectivity is not so great. It uses standard protocols to connect to the data center, it could improve the interface in terms of automation. The connection should be easier for the end-user. At the moment it's a bit too complex. You need a lot of documentation.

I've been using the solution for one year.

Once you've set it up, the product is stable. There are still some bugs in the software, however.

The scalability is very high. We typically work with medium-sized and enterprise-level companies. Most of the users on the solution are developers.

I have been integrating with the Denodo retail team directly. In terms of support, we're getting a good amount of it. I'm satisfied with it so far.

Part of the installation could be improved. It needs to support a higher resolution. We have some customers that have very high-resolution laptops and the installation isn't as smooth because of this. We aren't able to install everything. For us, that's a downside because it's limiting.

I'm also working with other solutions, not just Denodo. Denodo is more agnostic. It's meant for the Data Lake engine and is a better support for it.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant with a reseller.

We use the on-premises deployment model.

If clients are looking into integrating value sources and they don't have to be on the MPP clusters then I'd recommend Denodo. However, if they are looking at something more contained within the Data Lake construction, they should go for something more granular.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.