Denodo Review

Has good performance and quick speed to market

What is our primary use case?

It was used for an integration tool setup to follow and as temporary housing of integration lens.

What is most valuable?

The performance and the speed to market are the most valuable features of this solution.

What needs improvement?

The integration could use improvement, it's a lot of non-speed line processes that we have discovered, in the country. The configurations could use a lot more improvement.

I have worked with Denodo for around eight months.

When we went live there were certain small little issues, but nothing that would stop production, so from our side, we don't have any blocks that could stop us from doing anything, merely minor little incidents and irritations.

It is easy to scale if you've got the finance.

We always went to the vendor for technical support. The vendor had an outgoing ticket line to the actual author of the product.

We contacted support through the vendor. They responded quickly.

The initial setup was as simple as you could make it be in the complex environment that we have.

From kick-off to the completion of the configuration, it took around two to three months.

We had assistance from POC Professionals from the vendor and thereafter we did it on our own as a team that consisted within the company.

We have a dedicated team for the maintenance for this specific product.

In terms of the amount of users, there were quite a few. We looked at this departmentally, so we rolled it out to around three or four departments.

It is used on a daily basis, as it was a replacement for the integration layer so it had to be used daily.

The licensing costs cost extra.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution would be to understand your own personalized environment and out of the box configuration settings of Denodo.

Our next journey would be to the cloud. That was the only thing that we were looking at embarking upon, but obviously, within a big corporation, we need to do due diligence from our side. I think Denodo had already the features to be integrated into the cloud we needed to do our homework to make sure that we could onboard the cloud with certainty.

I would rate Denodo an eight out of ten.

More Denodo reviews from users
...who compared it with Alteryx Designer
Learn what your peers think about Denodo. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.