Denodo Review

Centralized sources and mapping is a leading feature, provides great traceability

What is our primary use case?

We're building a case for data virtualization for people to use this solution in order to assist in problem solving. We don't sell the product, we partner with Denodo and I am an ETL and senior consultant.

What is most valuable?

This solution is a really good way to get all your sources organized when there are data problems and things are scattered everywhere. You have some flat files, some databases and it's all over the place. This provides one central place for all those connected to carry out governance and build up the views and type of information that need to be extracted. It's like a whiteboard in the sense that it helps you to map things. You can then build on top of it.

It also allows a lot of traceability and you can decide what data you want to collect from each space without moving the data itself, you're just doing the visualization. I believe it can solve a lot of problems for businesses.

What needs improvement?

Documentation needs to be improved, they need to lift their game. Finding information is difficult. I'm doing the training and they provide courses but it could be improved.

I haven't tested the solution for long enough to be able to suggest any additional features.

I've been using this solution for a couple of months.

For now, I'm using the solution in training. I believe it's okay, I haven't had any glitches or errors.

Scalability is good, you can map any source in it and get them all connected in one software.

They have a community portal that helps with questions but sometimes the support is lacking and not user friendly.

What other advice do I have?

I haven't used a similar tool so I can't compare it to anything. I think it's a good product, despite some minor issues.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Denodo reviews from users
...who compared it with Alteryx Designer
Learn what your peers think about Denodo. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.