Densify Review

Densify Control Console has recommendations ready on the fly, much faster than manual analysis

What is most valuable?

The Densify Control Console, and Environment Status.

How has it helped my organization?

Our team used to spend days to gather data via MS Excel to prepare reports. The Densify Control Console has the recommendations ready on the fly, based on the policies set in the background.

Our team members are now spending more productive time on other priorities and are handling much more effective tasks. Our customer has a direct interface to Densify and can access the console whenever they have any queries about the capacity while dealing with performance issues.

What needs improvement?

• The reports which we extract from Densify could be more user friendly, such as by eliminating the unnecessary fields.
  • Normalization of CPU utilization is required. At present, the data is available based on entitlement level.
  • Adding performance metrics, like run queue, would be helpful to assess complex situations by relating with CPU utilization metric.
  • CPU and Memory Util reporting more than 100% due to turbo boost technology and memory overhead respectively.

Almost two years.

There are times when results are very slow when we search for servers. Ideally, the tool front end should not take much time, otherwise the wait will make the end user to lose interest/patience. But because of the kind of approach and solutions we get from the Densify support team, we are confident these issues will be resolved with upcoming versions.

As we have seen an increase in the number of targets over time, the application has started having issues dealing with huge data, like DB performance. The DB team had to upgrade the DB but still had performance issues. The new version of Densify seems to have this issue fixed.

Very good, excellent, quick turnarounds.

We had a tool called SRM which is an IBM repository for performance and capacity data. We had to extract and perform the analysis to come up with recommendations, which is more time consuming and more human effort. It also adds the possibility of compromising the data, time and quality of the results, with human error.

Initially, the setup seemed to be complex. It was demanding to set up policies having broad visibility into multiple factors relating to each others' entities.

I have no visibility into the costing and pricing.

I worked on BMC Capacity Optimization and BMC TrueSight, SRM. But with the team to have Densify implemented, and making it to work, along with excellent support, it made the decision to switch worthwhile for my clients.

What other advice do I have?

The world is moving into a cloud and analytical era. Densify is putting the right effort in the right direction. Clients and end users, who support their application in the organization, want to know whether they are right or wrong by choosing the appropriate capacity, services against the cost. In that context, Densify is providing much more granular insight to its users. Furthermore, Densify’s ability to optimize public cloud spend, especially with AWS, makes this a good tool to address on-prem and cloud environments.