Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager Review
One credential can be used to access VPN, RDS, and more

Primary Use Case

My company is a consulting practice that connects to client systems using various methods. So, we need credentials, VPN connections, and also operational instructions. RDM provides a single repository for all this and so much more.  You can include PowerShell scripts to accomplish tasks.

Improvements to My Organization

We used to store information in our CRM system, but it did not allow linking connections with credentials with VPNs. Now, when a consultant wants to connect to a client server:

1. They launch the connection
  2. It checks for connectivity
  3. Opens the VPN
  4. Then connects.

All without the consultant needing to look up information, or even if we wanted to restrict it, to have access to the credentials used.

Valuable Features

One credential can be used to access VPN, RDS, and more, but instead of looking that up in one system, typing it into a field/box/login, and maybe getting it wrong. it is just automatically fills it in and is done so correctly.  Organizing credentials, connections, and contents by clients makes it so simple for someone to provide support.

Room for Improvement

One issue, as mentioned, we connect to lots of client VPNs. The RDM client (.NET issue, actually) can stall or lock up while it clears communication threads to the server. If you launch and select "off-line" mode when starting, this is not an issue. Again, more a .NET problem, but it is the one I hear most from my users.

Use of Solution

More than five years.

Sometime the underlying OS (Widows) introduces issues that need to be addressed and support sometimes needs a bit of time to respond with an updated release.

Nope

Responsive.

Was using ASG Remote Desktop but they changed their licensing model to be a subscription with much higher prices and if you stopped paying product stopped working.

Straightforward but I had been using the product as a single user before so it was more about adapting it to the company.

Implementation Team

In house

ROI

Not measured.

Pricing, License Cost and Setup

You can run a full featured trial of the products with support to make sure it will fit you needs.

Other Solutions Considered

Microsoft RD Man, Keepass, and TeamViewer

Other Advice

Try it and you will be impressed.

1 visitor found this review helpful