Docker Review

Facilitates rapid deployment and has thorough, easy to read documentation

What is our primary use case?

My experience with Docker is in helping to provide solutions for my clients. Specifically, this involves continuous integration and continuous deployment for my clients' workflow.

How has it helped my organization?

We are using Docker for a client that we currently have in India. They are building a solution for the medical industry. Docker is very helpful for taking the code from development and applying it to the end user.

What is most valuable?

The most important thing that my clients focus on is rapid deployment. In this regard, Docker wins hands-down.

What needs improvement?

It would be very nice to have a GUI that can be used by any administrator, and not just people who have experience with Docker.

Two years.

The stability of this solution is perfect. Five stars.

This solution scales very well, and it can be scaled to the entire infrastructure when required.

Three of my clients are currently using Docker, and all of them are involved in software development. One of my clients is in the process of scaling up, moving from ten to one hundred and fifty developers within the next six months.

The documentation for this solution is excellent. So far, all of the problems that I have faced have been solved by looking at the documentation.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The setup was very straightforward. I just followed the documentation on the Docker website, and it went smoothly.

Implementation for the client was not very big. It was eight to ten developers, and it took between one and two days to complete. The most important thing on our end was to get our client's infrastructure up and running with Docker.

One person can handle the deployment and maintenance of this solution.

We implement this solution for our clients using our in-house team.

I am using the community edition, rather than the enterprise edition because I am operating on a very small scale at the moment. The community edition does not require a license and is completely free.

We did not evaluate options other than Docker.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to read the documentation very carefully. That can give a lot of relief when the client needs a solution.

If Docker had a graphical user interface then it would be a perfect solution.

I would rate this solution and eight out of ten.