Docmosis Review

We're able to make changes to our PDF documents as the placeholders with content has made doing this a much easier process.

What is our primary use case?

We are a Fintech company, and Docmosis is utilized in order to render loan and other financial documents.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a straight forward, cost effective, solution for rendering PDF documents. It saved us time and money due to its ease of use, Java api, and clear documentation.

What is most valuable?

The main benefit is exactly what it provides -- the ability to use word documents as templates, and therefore they can be edited by non-technical people.

Also, the placeholders with content work out really well with PDFs. The way we were doing this was cumbersome and this solution made all that easier. This was the motivation; it was difficult to update our PDF files. This looked like a much easier process in order make changes to our PDF documents.

What needs improvement?

Just one thing, and there is a way to get this done outside of the solution as currently I go to a third-party solution. I render multiple PDFs and then put them together into one document outside of Docmosis. Docmosis then provides the ability to include them, and that would almost work out for us except that we use some static content and, therefore, we would have no need to render them every time.

From what I have seen, it's been stable and has stayed up for five weeks without issue. I haven’t seen any instability so far.

I believe it’s scalable. We purchased a license that will allow us to put four converters out. We feel that it should work out pretty well, but if not, it’s easy to add more.

I have had very few questions, but the ones I have had have been answered very timely and they've answered all of the questions I needed needed answers to.

Previously, I used Adobe products, but price-wise this was out of the question.

It was much easier to implement than we thought. But because of the dependency on the open source/open office and having that installed and the fonts installed, it was a bit complex as we have to containerize everything. We have to make one and then build off of that container. It was a little complex, but you can manage it and it’s not bad. Overall the configuration was straightforward.