Docmosis Review

We didn’t have the flexibility in the formatting that we required, until we found Docmosis

What is our primary use case?

Evac Guide is an online tool that allows organisations to create and manage all their workplace emergency planning documents in one place.

How has it helped my organization?

Initially, we did HTML web page to PDF conversions of documents and that proved to be a lot of work with hard coding.

We persevered for 12 months until it got beyond a certain point. We just didn’t have the flexibility in the formatting that we required. Then we found Docmosis which can do the PDF conversions for us. Now, we don’t even look back at doing it any other way.

What is most valuable?

The transition to LibreOffice was pretty easy after working with Microsoft Office. As a non-tech person, I have been able to contribute to the formatting of our LibreOffice templates which saves the tech staff from getting bogged down doing all the work.

In total, we’ve got 17 templates with one fairly complex document template of at least 40 pages long which has a mixture of images, title pages and tables. By going down the path of using Docmosis with templates it’ll be a lot easier to maintain control and consistency than if it was done through HTML.

The process of setting up the cloud engine was a smooth process.

No, this was the first PDF converter engine we installed. We had done significant research prior to committing to Docmosis and we strongly believe this has paid off.

The technical support offered by the team at Docmosis has exceeded our expectations. We have a large template that demands performance to be converted, however, Docmosis were always available to assist us as required.