DocStar ECM Review

It has the flexibility to span across multiple departments, improving, for example, accounts-payable automation and contract management.

What is most valuable?

1. Ease of use
  2. Flexibility to span across multiple departments

How has it helped my organization?

1. A/P Automation
  2. H/R On boarding
  3. Client/Vendor File Management
  4. Contract Management

What needs improvement?

1. Not designed well for high-volume batch capture
  2. Does not display the images during the scanning process, so QC is always a post process

Over 13 years.

Premise Eclipse requires you to have the 2012 platform.

We've experienced a couple of outages on Eclipse sites.

1. The entry point if you start from scratch is cost effective.
  2. If you have to import legacy data this becomes a lot more involved and costly.
  3. Based on the license model can get expensive when compared to other comparable solutions.

8/10.

8/10.

1. We are a VAR for several content management solutions.
  2. Each solution has a unique value proposition, it depends on the client’s specific needs as to which is the best long term value.

They do a great job with their on-line training sessions for Eclipse which aids in the deployment.

We generally work with a project manager on our side and then work with each department head as the system scales out.

1. We have some very compelling case studies with a very positive ROI.
  2. There are several good applications on the market so it comes down to a trusted advisor (vendor) and how it is rolled out.

1. Smaller offices can start from a couple hundred dollars per month.
  2. Larger enterprise solutions will cost much more depending on workflow needed, integration and number of users.

1. We constantly look at the market and evaluate the solutions available.
  2. feel we have best of breed technologies that can address the majority of clients out of the box, with very little professional services

What other advice do I have?

1. Identify internal champion to be accountable during deployment to insure project follow through
  2. Do not over engineer, start simple and then begin to automate processes
  3. Look at the life cycle: origin of document or data, touch points, workflow and retention
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're a VAR.
1 visitor found this review helpful