Documentum Review
Lifecycle management enables different business rules for different "states" of content

What is our primary use case?

We use it for enterprise content management and we have many businesses which use it for business process content management. So we have two categories of users. The primary use case is lifecycle management or flow management and that includes the enterprise content management service.

How has it helped my organization?

We have several customers and each one has a different "flavor." So the benefits vary with each case.

What is most valuable?

The lifecycle management is valuable because many of our businesses create content and it passes through a lifecycle. Each state of the lifecycle means that your business has certain business rules, which are set.

What needs improvement?

It needs a better UI and it should also be cloud-ready. The UI has not changed in years. These are the two major improvements I would be expecting.

More than five years.

The stability is good.

The scalability is good.

Technical support is average.

I wouldn' say the setup was straightforward but it was also not complex. It's somewhere in between.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor, the primary considerations are the cloud and that we need simplified solutions for all of our customers.