DocuShare Review

Managers can be part of the approval process for an important workflow that involves payments. Integration with third-party applications needs to be improved.

What is most valuable?

Features such as the search engine, workflows and customization are valuable to us.

How has it helped my organization?

Managers can be part of the approval process for an important workflow that involves payments to customer and providers depending on the amount of money. They can either approve or reject the payment online after they have a notification via email that there is a new task they need to review.

What needs improvement?

Reports and integration with third-party applications can be improved.
Customers usually ask for a specific report that allows them to make some statistics analysis that sometimes they need but DocuShare is not intended to do that. So, it is not available at this time and they have not been able to get these kind of reports such as reports by documents added in a specific collection by a user (automatic report), reports for content being searched, downloaded, viewed etc…

Integrations with applications that uses databases are not able to do so because DocuShare does not use dynamical values in their fields of indexing.

I have been using it for about 10 years. We have been using this product from version 4.

In a virtual environment, if you use vMotion or NIC Teaming (or any other similar features) the host ID changes and invalidates the license for the site.

I have not yet encountered any scalability issues, i.e., if you follow the process step by step.

I would give the technical support a 9/10 rating.

Initially, we were using a different solution. The company stop selling the other application and so we continued with the sale of DocuShare.

The inital setup was fast and easy.

What other advice do I have?

Be sure to define the goals you want to achieve with the product. Also, make sure to agree with the customer before installing and configuring the product. Most customers always expect more than they’ve bought.