Dome9 Review

Enables us to have a centralized view of all our visible assets ECs and inventories

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is associated with a challenge whereby we have multiple cloud computing platforms. We have our past cloud platforms in AWS and ECP. Therefore, we can configure management and policy governance tools to deployment across all sites.

How has it helped my organization?

Dome9 has improved our organization in the way that we have a centralized view of all of our assets, our visible assets our ECs, our inventories. Then all the policies are centralized and it is easier to manage because everything is one component console.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see Test B functions at the application access level.

More than a year.

The stability is good.

The scalability is good.

Technical support is excellent; they are quite supportive.

The inial setup was straightforward.

The deployment took us about six months because we had issues while integrating. The issues weren't with Dome9.

We implemented Dome9 ourselves, in-house. We used our own set of experts.
I think there is less than six staff required for deployment and maintenance.

The licensing costs for this solution are on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to try to get the trial period first because this will allow them to see if this is a suitable solution or not for their environment. They have to remember that this solution can only be compared to Test B, but it's not Test B. The trial allows for appropriate compatibility and suitability evaluations.

On a scale from one to ten, ten being the best, I would gladly rate this product an eight out of ten.