Dome9 Review

Feature-rich, centrally managed, and stable, but it needs DLP support to be included

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we are evaluating multiple tools for cloud workload security and vulnerability management. We are evaluating products such as Dome9 to figure out which one would be best for our customers.

This solution is used to replace a variety of cloud security and management tools.

How has it helped my organization?

Dome9 can be used centrally manage many different functions that take care of operations such as scanning the network.

What is most valuable?

All of the features are very useful in today's market.

What needs improvement?

Dome9 should also support deployments that are on-premises and in a hybrid cloud.

This solution needs DLP support.

I have been using Dome9 for less than one year.

We have not experienced any issues in terms of stability, although we are still exploring the tool.

We are currently running Palo Alto Prisma and evaluating it together with Dome9.

It is easy to implement Dome9 but there are many policies that need to be configured.

Once the deployment is complete, the policies have to be set up and validated. All of the policies need to be relevant to my customers, which means that some of them will have to be disabled. For example, policy requirements will vary from country to country.

This solution can be used in many different markets such as medical or insurance, and different challenges will be present depending on the market.

The process can take a month or a month and a half.

In addition to evaluating Dome9 and Palo Alto Prisma, we are considering Qualys, as well as a customized solution by Security Compass.

One of our customers is also using Check Point CloudGuard, which we are trying to replace with Dome9.

I would like to understand the reporting, how secure the solutions are, and how it can be implemented such that my framework is mapped to those tools.

What other advice do I have?

The functionality that is used will vary depending on the use case. For example, in a recent use case that I worked on, the data packets had public access without exception. However, this should not have been allowed.

I definitely suggest that people use Dome9 because I have used it since last year and I really like the features. It is also stable. There is only one feature, DLP, that is not present and we have found in Prisma.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.