Domo Review
The distribution of visualizations via a web portal is valuable but refreshing the data was unstable.

Valuable Features

Distribution of visualizations via a web portal is valuable, but really is basic table stakes. If you are looking for a true analytical tool, skip Domo.

Improvements to My Organization

It has not helped materially. If anything it has hurt, since a better solution would have sped up the dissemination of valuable information in a more actionable manner.

Room for Improvement

1. Allow visualizations to stay locked in place relative to each other, rather than shuffling around based on screen size
  2. More connectors
  3. Better, more responsive tech support and customer service
  4. Better visualization creation tools
  5. More control over both primary and secondary axes
  6. More control over each series' type (line, column, etc.)
  7. Allow users to trigger a data refresh
  8. Faster speed of rendering during visualization creation

Use of Solution

I used it for about four months.

Yes. refreshing the data was unstable and would periodically stop working for weeks.

We did not try to scale to any meaningful level.

Poor as data refresh issues took weeks too resolve and there was minimal communication with my team.

Poor as data refresh issues took weeks too resolve.

Yes, I have used Excel, SSRS and Tableau for BI deployments and would do so again before ever deploying Domo. The sales team sold a non-technical executive on the concept of being able to chat about the data, which is a useless, gimmicky feature at best, since now your employees have to look an additional place besides email and IM for prior threads.

ROI

Significantly negative. It is a very expensive product with a lot of problems and limitations. I would strongly advise anyone to avoid it.

Other Advice

You should choose something else, like Tableau, BIME, SSRS, or even Excel.

5 visitors found this review helpful

3 Comments

JhornberReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

I've been curious to know how much Domo is actually backing up their heavy, and somewhat mysterious, marketing hype. Sounds like they're not at all! Thanks for the forthright review Scott!

Like (0)27 January 17

We have had quite the opposite experience with Domo. It has been the most effective BI tool I have ever used in regards to how fast and easy it was to implement, gaining user adoption, and driving data awareness. From where our organization is sitting, Domo knocked it out of the park.

Like (0)16 August 17

I was reading this review as a 4 year DOMO customer, trying to even picture this in the beginning days when you had to sign an NDA before you even got a Demo, but I still can't even picture this. Domo has revolutionized the way we interact with our data. I agree with Jesse.

Like (0)16 August 17