Domo

Domo Review
The distribution of visualizations via a web portal is valuable but refreshing the data was unstable.

1,320

Valuable Features:

Distribution of visualizations via a web portal is valuable, but really is basic table stakes.  If you are looking for a true analytical tool, skip Domo.

Improvements to My Organization:

It has not helped materially. If anything it has hurt, since a better solution would have sped up the dissemination of valuable information in a more actionable manner.

Room for Improvement:

1. Allow visualizations to stay locked in place relative to each other, rather than shuffling around based on screen size
  2. More connectors
  3. Better, more responsive tech support and customer service
  4. Better visualization creation tools
  5. More control over both primary and secondary axes
  6. More control over each series' type (line, column, etc.)
  7. Allow users to trigger a data refresh
  8. Faster speed of rendering during visualization creation

Use of Solution:

I used it for about four months.

Stability Issues:

Yes. refreshing the data was unstable and would periodically stop working for weeks.

Scalability Issues:

We did not try to scale to any meaningful level.

Poor as data refresh issues took weeks too resolve and there was minimal communication with my team.

Poor as data refresh issues took weeks too resolve.

Previous Solutions:

Yes, I have used Excel, SSRS and Tableau for BI deployments and would do so again before ever deploying Domo. The sales team sold a non-technical executive on the concept of being able to chat about the data, which is a useless, gimmicky feature at best, since now your employees have to look an additional place besides email and IM for prior threads.

ROI:

Significantly negative. It is a very expensive product with a lot of problems and limitations. I would strongly advise anyone to avoid it.

Other Advice:

You should choose something else, like Tableau, BIME, SSRS, or even Excel.

5 visitors found this review helpful
0cae98b7 d854 46fb ad83 6e7e5a8cf45b avatarKhalid berrada li?1414330146Df5ff24c b5df 4e78 a284 f1555248c4b1 avatar?1453129568Eran levy li?1422450387Anonymous avatar x30

3 Comments

0cae98b7 d854 46fb ad83 6e7e5a8cf45b avatar
JhornberReal UserTOP REVIEWERELITE SQUAD

I've been curious to know how much Domo is actually backing up their heavy, and somewhat mysterious, marketing hype. Sounds like they're not at all! Thanks for the forthright review Scott!

Like (0)27 January 17
11596c5c 1815 4f0a 8765 88dbc6c58fdd avatar
jessemauserReal User

We have had quite the opposite experience with Domo. It has been the most effective BI tool I have ever used in regards to how fast and easy it was to implement, gaining user adoption, and driving data awareness. From where our organization is sitting, Domo knocked it out of the park.

Like (0)16 August 17
B73ee065 1828 4cb2 851d c83b0c925cc6 avatar
David Hargens Jr.Real UserTOP 20

I was reading this review as a 4 year DOMO customer, trying to even picture this in the beginning days when you had to sign an NDA before you even got a Demo, but I still can't even picture this. Domo has revolutionized the way we interact with our data. I agree with Jesse.

Like (0)16 August 17
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Domo?

Our experts can help. 221,958 professionals have used our research on 5,660 solutions.