Domo Review

Descriptive error messages should be displayed, but it's a stable product.

What is most valuable?

Once the data source has been uploaded to Domo, making graphs is quite easy. The data/graph is also displayed without any wait and we can change filters very easily on our view.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to create countless KPI metrics, so now we have hundreds of DOMO cards that display different KPIs.

What needs improvement?

• Improve help resources
  • Descriptive error messages should be displayed
  • Domo should enable users to sort cards on any given page
  • It is geared mainly towards SalesForce –especially the out of box apps. Before offering apps to customers, Domo team should be careful of how the data in ERP’s other than SalesForce will map with the code for their apps
  • The site is cluttered with hundreds of KPIs which make navigation difficult and is confusing to the eye

I've used if for about six months.

We initially tried using the SQL connector but it did not work out well. We had to go with the workbench too which is probably the best way to upload data sources.

Overall it’s a stable product.

No issues encountered.

It's good - the customer service teams are friendly and responsive.

It's good.

We used SSRS reports. The company president wanted a better data intelligence platform with a more sleek design and better user experience.

The initial set up was pretty straightforward after we were told that it’s best to use the Domo workbench instead of the SQL connector. The SQL connector did not work at all.

I am the one who implemented Domo at my company. I installed Domo workbench, learned to upload data, created data sources and graphs in a short time. I viewed the educational videos and also was given some basic demos by the Domo team.

Our company president wanted this product.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product for giving an overall picture of the business. Not a good idea to use it if you are looking for minute details in your reports or if your end users like to play with data in excel. Overall it is a useful tool but I don't think our company is using it the way it is supposed to be used.