Dropbox Review

The versioning feature enabled me to recover documents that I had edited by chance, which was really a life-saver for me.

What is most valuable?

Dropbox is a file hosting service (cloud storage and file-syncing services). Its strong points are

1) Availability of dedicated Apps on any kind of O.S.

2) seamless sync

3) file versioning

How has it helped my organization?

I use Dropbox as a personal productivity tool, to always have critical information available using a browser or working on the local copy of the contents.

What needs improvement?

2 Gb of free space and then a not so cheap subscription (also if the competitors have similar proposals for customers)

Some additional features related to photo and video are not interesting for me (probably it depends on the personal requirements)

Five years. However, 2017 is my first year as a Dropbox Plus user.

The installation is really easy. On the mobile devices you have to consider how much information you really need available offline (due to the more limited storage of the smartphone or tablet)

No, the software is fairly stable and reliable

Staying inside the 2Gb of the free subscription is not easy, when you get used to using DropBox

Never used it

Never used it

Onedrive (previously SkyDrive) was my favorite but some features that I am used to are not available

Installation is almost trivial

I am in a single user scenario

For many years it costed zero to me and granted a lot of features I needed.

Also if now I am a paying customer, I still feel the money is well spent.

A bigger discount for existing users would be appreciated

Onedrive, Gdrive and EverNote. I use all of them along with Dropbox, but the latter is my main Cloud storage option.

1 Comment
Manager, Live Production at a software R&D company with 1,001-5,000 employeesReal User

yup