Dropbox Review

Free, easy to use, access and share files from any device

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to store and share files between several devices and also as a repository to have harmonization of the same versions of the same documents.

The deployment model is a hybrid cloud because I use it on my desktop, my laptop, on my mobile, and it operates in the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the ability to access files and documents from any device, anywhere.

What needs improvement?

The Security and privacy of this solution need improvement.

I am always worried about security and privacy. I don't know who can see my information in Dropbox.

There is indeed no way to collaborate in realtime, but for that function I use Google.

I have been using this solution for seven years.

This solution is stable, and I have not detected any issues.

This solution is scalable. If you are willing to pay, then you can scale.

I have not contacted technical support.

Previously I used Google storage. Also, I had used a USB key for devices.

Initially, Dropbox was the only solution for desktops. Now, Google has software with the same functionality, they do the same thing.

Dropbox is unique because it was the first.

I am using the free solution, which provides me with 2GBs of storage, and for me, it's sufficient.

What other advice do I have?

Everyone now is on the cloud using some cloud-based solution. Dropbox is not unique anymore, as there are several storage solutions available.

Dropbox is easy to use, easy to share, and easy to store documents and files.

This solution works fine and it has what I need. I am just a simple user. I am satisfied with this solution and I am not changing.

I am using the desktop client and I can upload and move folders.

If you need to share files, then Dropbox is a good solution.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.