Dropbox Review

Free, easy to use, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

I have used Dropbox on the odd occasion to share files and so on with external parties. For example, I've used it to share big files such as videos and items of that nature. I mainly use it for sharing different types of files and for storage.

What is most valuable?

The solution is stable.

The performance is good.

It's very easy to use and quite accessible for everybody.

The solution scales well.

The solution is free to use.

You don't need to install anything.

What needs improvement?

It would be good if they could market themselves as a safe solution for corporates. Currently, most corporates don't see it as a safe area to share within.

I've used the solution for a while. It's been five years or longer.

The solution has been stable over the years. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. I find it to be reliable.

It's my understanding that the solution scales well. I've never run into any problems. If a user needs to expand their usage, they can do so.

We have about 200 people using it within our company.

I've never dealt with technical support. It has never been necessary, as I've never run into issues. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. It's very easy to use. So much so, the average person would not need support services.

We didn't use any other storage solutions before we began using Dropbox.

As a cloud solution, there technically is no installation process you have to go through. You just access it and use it.

We use the free version of the solution. We don't pay any licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not an IT person, I'm a business person. I'm not overly technical.

I'm a Dropbox end-user and customer.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I've been quite please with its capabilities so far.

I would recommend the solution to other users and companies.

More Dropbox reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Google Drive Enterprise
Learn what your peers think about Dropbox. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.