Drupal Review

It is a framework integrated with CMS, making the software useful for both the developer teams and the content editors.

What is most valuable?

It is a very powerful tool for the developer's hands and also, it's very easy for the content editors to use.

It's a framework integrated with CMS. The advantage of having a framework with CMS is that you make the software useful for both the developer teams and the content editors, at the same time. You can create rich experiences by allowing the developers to extend what is already provided and at the same time, making the CMS experience even richer.

How has it helped my organization?

Drupal 8 did a great step by integrating with the Symfony Framework. Now, the documentation is easier to read through and it's more intuitive.

What needs improvement?

There is need for better organization of the documentation on the drupal.org site.

We have been using Drupal versions 6, 7 and 8 for around eight years.

We encountered some stability issues, only when the modules/profiles/themes are on the development version (but not always).

So far, Drupal 8 has been doing an excellent job with all the integrations that it provides. So the answer is, so far, there were no scalability issues.

Technical support is a community, so it goes from the junior to senior consultants.

We have used WordPress before, but not for so long, so I can't really compare.

The setup is pretty simple and intuitive. It, of course, involves a little bit of technical knowledge, such as how to set up the DB and giving some folders a special writing permission.

It is an open-source project; it is totally free.

It was more like Drupal chose me, I was working for J&J and this was its framework.

What other advice do I have?

Read about it, ask the community and NEVER EVER change the Drupal core.

More Drupal reviews from users
...who work at a Marketing Services Firm
...who compared it with Acquia Cloud Site Factory
Find out what your peers are saying about Drupal, Liferay, Microsoft and others in Web Content Management. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.