Druva inSync Review

It impacts the system performance, has poor backup time, and gets uninstalled automatically

What is our primary use case?

We use it only for the backup process. We have approximately 200 licenses.

What is most valuable?

It has a straightforward installation.

What needs improvement?

The backup time is very poor. The backup runs continuously. It goes on from morning till night. The system performance also becomes very poor when Druva inSync is running. When the backup starts, the systems become very slow. You cannot work while the backup is going on. After the backup is complete, the system performance picks up again. I raised this issue with Druva, but they are not able to resolve this issue. They should analyze the reason for this kind of problem. They have asked for too many error logs, but how do we get logs from the laptops of the users who are unavailable because they are not working from a centralized office, or they are at a customer site or are traveling? Such users can only communicate through emails. This problem is not related to just one user; it is related to every user.

There are so many problems in the Druva inSync patches. Sometimes, the software gets uninstalled automatically, and we are not able to find it on the client system. The users say that they didn't uninstall the software. So, how do we find out who uninstalled the software? If the Druva inSync client is installed on the system, the users should not have the right to uninstall the patch. There should be a security system and an admin panel so that the Druva inSync software is locked when it is installed on the client system. Users should not uninstall it unknowingly. A user should be able to uninstall it only after providing a password set by the administrator. They have given many other restrictions, such as a user cannot restore the data from his laptop, or a user cannot remove the snapshot from his laptop. They can also provide a restriction for uninstalling Druva inSync.

I have been using Druva inSync for three years.

Their technical support is fine, but they take too much time to resolve a problem. Sometimes, they take three to seven days to resolve a problem.

The initial setup was straightforward. It took us just a day.

The pricing of Druva inSync is very high as compared to other cloud backup solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution to others. I am not happy with this solution. We got this solution for the cloud backup of our organization. If the cloud backup is not running and the user backup is not going to the cloud, then what is the point of using this solution?  If users are having problems with their day-by-day work while Druva inSync is taking backups, what is the point of installing this software? We are planning to move to another solution next year.

I would rate Druva inSync a two out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)

6.7
More Druva inSync reviews from users
...who compared it with Veritas Backup Exec
Learn what your peers think about Druva inSync. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.