Duo Security Review

Hybrid architecture integration make this product useful but the dashboard needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

In my job, we are using the 365 cloud service and there is a VPN solution. We are providing solutions to other enterprise-level customers, like banks. We do not require much cloud-based security because many clients need to have solutions on-premises. We already use RSA (Rivest, Shamir, and Adelman data security).

We wanted to try to add some other cloud security options for the VPN and so we tried this product.

What is most valuable?

I only tested Duo Security with FortiGate. Due to COVID, I have not had the time to do broader testing with other products and services. Because of limited testing, I do not know about what will be most valuable in this product when it is used in different situations over time, but Duo is a cloud-based product and it is a good product to maintain the security for the VPN.

What needs improvement?

I think that the dashboard needs to be improved.

Duo Security is a cloud-based product. Most of the security technicians in India that we work with want a security product in-house for their main data center security solution. Because it is possible to integrate Duo Security with cloud-based services, it is good for use with various customers and hybrid architecture. Other features are good, but the only thing is because of compliance, certain customers can not use it as a solution. This is due to compliance with regulations for lots of customers like banks and financial sectors who can not go with cloud products.

I have some experience with the product but have not been using it for a long time. We are mostly involving it in doing evaluations with it at this time.

I have not yet had to contact the company's technical support so I do not know much about it.

It is a simple product to install. There is not really any complex configuration. In that way, it is easy to use.

We did not need to use an integrator, consultant, or reseller for deployment. I did it by myself.

I have not yet needed to purchase the product yet as we are just in the stages of trying it out. There are a certain number of licenses we can use for free during this period. I do not know about the pricing and I am not doing the financial analysis so do not know about the pricing. Other teams will take care of this.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Duo Security as a six-point-five. If I have to choose a whole number it is more of a six.

I have not tested all the features extensively, so I do not know how they scale. I work on generic RSA products, so I know about all the features.

Hybrid Cloud
More Duo Security reviews from users
...who compared it with RSA Authentication Manager
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, RSA, Fortinet and others in Authentication Systems. Updated: January 2021.
457,748 professionals have used our research since 2012.