Duo Security Review

Good authentication and multi-factor authentication features but technical support is lacking

What is our primary use case?

I am VP of product in our company and we are a customer of Duo Security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect is the authentication and the SSO. They also focus on MFA, which is the multi-factor authentication. They are doing this very well.

What needs improvement?

Improving coverage of different solutions and on-premise residents would make a difference. It would help if you could deploy on-premises, and not only with the cloud. Connection with an active directory requires something on-premises and for that, you need to have some kind of client or proxy, or something on-prem but keeping the idea of the users for GDPR and not sending them to the cloud to do it, makes sense.

Removing the need for a password would be a positive change as well as the ability to cover all the different enterprise applications. They don't have coverage for everything.

I've been using the product for two years.

The product is quite stable.

The product is scalable - they are in the cloud so scalability is easier.

Technical support seems to be lacking. It takes a long time for them to come back to the customer. That's what I know, and also what I've heard. They have some issues with support.
They're okay but sometimes they don't respond directly.

The initial setup is straightforward, I think. We deployed it ourselves but sometimes we required help in some places.

Pricing of the product is reasonable.

We checked other options but because of the stability of the product and the length of time it's been on the market, we chose Duo Security. The things you need to weigh up are the size of the company, stability, and price.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a six out of 10.