DX Spectrum Review

Automatic discovery and event correlation are helpful for our large environment

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and we have a lot of different customers that share a large network. It is a huge environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is automatic discovery.

The event correlation is a helpful feature.

What needs improvement?

We have a huge environment and we have the event correlation set up. Event correlation only works per Spectrum server, for a huge environment more Spectrum servers are needed and the events are not correlated between the Spectrum servers. Broadcom has the intention to change this.

I have been using DX Spectrum for between 10 and 15 years.

This product is very stable.

Its scalability is very good. It can be used in huge environments.

I have had contact with technical support and my experience has been positive.

The initial setup is of medium complexity. It is not very easy, yet not very difficult.

Some preparation and special knowledge are needed to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to first make a plan on how you are going to implement and use it. It is important to know before you configure it, how it is that you want to use it. For example, we have a lot of different customers and they may not want to see the older devices from other customers. As a service provider, it is important to make a good plan on how you want to implement it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More DX Spectrum reviews from users
...who compared it with SolarWinds NPM
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, IBM, Micro Focus and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.