DX Spectrum Review

Fault management that alerts you just in time, with a user-friendly interface and good support

What is our primary use case?

Spectrum is mainly for fault management. For performance management, we have a NetOps performance manager.

What is most valuable?

The fault management is perfect. You have alerts just in time.

The interface is user friendly.

What needs improvement?

I think the management or configuration of devices needs some improvement.

The ability to add new device families from different vendors also not easy. It's a bit difficult.

I would like to see some historical performance of our devices added to Spectrum. That would be great.

It's a live solution, not for historical performance.

Reporting is also an area that could be better. The reporting tool they are using is called Jasper and it requires an official license to be able to work well. It would be helpful to have reporting included directly with Spectrum.

I have been using this solution for 12 years. I started with it when it was NetQS.

We are using the latest version of DX Spectrum.

It's very stable.

It's easy to scale.

You can have multiple Spectrum servers and you can add them at any time.

We have contacted technical support with both the online support to CA and with Broadcom.

We have not faced a lot of issues with DX Spectrum.

When we had one, we received very good technical support.

I was a vendor for CA before they were acquired by Broadcom.

The initial setup is very easy.

After 10 minutes, you have a complete Spectrum up and running and you can start discovery immediately.

The deployment is very fast and straightforward.

I was doing a comparison between Spectrum and different vendors like Celeron, HP, IBM, and for me and a big entity, like a national bank of Egypt, and it was the best. It ranks as number one.

What other advice do I have?

We have the DX Spectrum and DX NetOp for performance center management from Broadcom also. Actually, we have the full fledge from Broadcom and had it from Computer Associates before Broadcom started.

The distributed installation is on-premise, and we have one interface server and approximately six Spectrum servers.

I definitely recommend this product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

20.2
More DX Spectrum reviews from users
...who compared it with SolarWinds NPM
Learn what your peers think about DX Spectrum. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.