DX Spectrum Review

Helpful auto-discovery of network components, but it is expensive and complex to use

What is our primary use case?

We have been using this solution to supervise all of the network's components, such as our Cisco switches, UPS units, the firewall, DNS, and all of the things that have links with the network.

How has it helped my organization?

Good vision of devices problems

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the auto-discovery, which is nice because you don't have to do anything to add a new component. It will just supervise the links.

What needs improvement?

This solution is too complicated to use for us, especially if you have many components. It's too big for us, which is one of the reasons that we will no longer be using it.

It’s Cloud be difficult to upgrade from one version to the next.

We have been using CA Spectrum for five or six years and we are discontinuing its use in two or three months from now.

This is a stable solution and we have had no issues.

We have had no trouble with scalability.

We are moving from CA Spectrum because it is not a solution for us. We are moving to an open-source solution that is less expensive.

The initial setup and maintenance of Spectrum are complex. It is also difficult to upgrade to the more recent version.

The product, support, and maintenance are all expensive, which is another reason that we are switching to another solution.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution and I would recommend it for a big company. However, for a small business like ours, we need something that is less complex and easier to use.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

More DX Spectrum reviews from users
...who compared it with SolarWinds NPM
Learn what your peers think about DX Spectrum. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.